Obtained the BBA degree in Financial Management with honours distinction from the Faculty of Business Management (project of UKM, Malaysia), TSTU. Graduated and obtained MBA in Finance from the State University of New-York (SUNY), NY, USA.
Practical industry experience:
- Decent job experience in the Main Department of Treasury at the Headquarters of Asaka Bank;
- Profound knowledge and decent job experience in IFRS;
- As a Director of Commercial and Investment Projects Department of Daewoo International Corporation successfully managed and implemented various M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions) projects in Uzbekistan;
- Profound job experience on financial management, audit and risk management, investment projects (M&A projects) in the multinational corporations such as Nestle, Daewoo International Corporation, EVO (JV company between Korea Telecom and Sumitomo Corporation);
- Consultant and Corporate Trainer on wide spectrum of business management matters (including financial management, audit and risk management, investment projects management, etc.).
Have more than 10 years of teaching experience in Finance, Accounting, Banking, Economics, Strategic Management, and Business Information Systems in the foreign higher education institutions in Uzbekistan such as Westminster International University in Tashkent (WIUT), Management Development Institute of Singapore in Tashkent (MDIST) and Webster University in Tashkent on various levels.
Taught Master’s level course - Advanced Corporate Finance (FINC 5880) of the MBA program of Webster University in Tashkent.
Taught Master’s level module - Financial Analysis for Managers of the Master of Arts in International Business and Management (MAIBM) postgraduate program of WIUT.
Supervised the research projects of senior students at WIUT and MDIST in the areas of Finance, Accounting, Banking, Entrepreneurship, and E-commerce.
MBA in Finance from the State University of New-York (SUNY, NY, USA)
BBA degree in Financial Management with honours distinction
from the Faculty of Business Management (project of UKM, Malaysia), TSTU (Uzbekistan)
Subject area: International Currency-Credit Relations,
Credit Economy Faculty of Tashkent Institute of Finance
(after two years of successful study, I had transferred on competitive basis to the Faculty of Business Management at Tashkent State Technical University, TSTU)
|AREAS OF TEACHING||Accounting and Finance, Financial Reporting for Business, International Financial Reporting, Business Finance, Advanced Corporate Finance, Financial Analysis for Managers, Macroeconomics, Economics, Banking, Managing and Leading People, Business Strategy, Information Systems Technology, Business Information Systems|
|AREAS OF RESEARCH||
Financial risks management, Innovations in the banking sector, Capital markets development
|HONOURS AND AWARDS||
2005 Winner of the 3rd Scientific Research Conference of “Istedod” Presidential Foundation of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
(i.e. in July of 2005 I became a winner of the first place prize – Personal Computer in the 3rd Scientific Research Conference of “Istedod” Presidential Foundation. My research paper in E-commerce and my presentation were awarded first place in this highly prestigious conference, which was held among scholars who studied abroad through “Umid” Foundation of Presidential Scholarship Program of the Republic of Uzbekistan.)
1999 Winner of the scholarship grant of the “Umid” Foundation Presidential Scholarship Program of the Republic of Uzbekistan to study in USA for MBA degree in Finance.
1999 graduated with honors distinction from TSTU, FBM; BBA degree in Financial Management with honours distinction from the Faculty of Business Management (project of UKM, Malaysia), TSTU (Uzbekistan)
1. Djuraev Shavkat (2020) “Effectiveness of the economic reforms being implemented in Uzbekistan over the recent years” was published in the Issue 3 of SCIENTIFIC DIGEST journal of MDIST in December of 2020.
2. Djuraev Shavkat (2019) Abstract of the article on the topic of “New approaches to finance business start-ups in the Republic of Uzbekistan” was published in the Issue 2 of Scientific Digest journal of MDIST in 2019.
3. Djuraev Shavkat (2019) The article “Channels for supporting users and levels of servicing their appeals” was published in the Issue 1 of Scientific Digest journal of MDIST in 2019.
4. Djuraev Shavkat (2017) Ҳудудларда АКТ ва “Электрон ҳукумат” тизимини янада ривожлантириш истиқболлари (Perspectives for further development of ICT and E-government system in the regions), ICTNEWS, informational and analytical journal in the field of ICT, №7 (141) 2017, July
5. Djuraev Shavkat (2005) Возможности интернет-маркетинга в Узбекистане (Internet Marketing opportunities in Uzbekistan), Восемнадцатые международные Плехановские чтения «Реформирование и модернизация национальной экономики – стратегический курс на демократизацию и обновление общества», тезисы докладов профессорско-преподавательского состава и специалистов практиков, 26 марта 2005 года.
CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE, INTERNSHIP AND QUALIFICATION UPGRADING
2020 Umid Reunion Conference.
Participated with presentation on the topic of “Issues related to the development of the risk management system of the commercial banks in Uzbekistan” in the Third Section – “Improving investment climate – in the center of economic reforms” of the First International Conference of “Umid” Foundation Alumni on the topic of “New Generation of Personnel for Modernizing Uzbekistan”. The presentation was among only six presentations selected for the Third Section of this Conference on competitive basis out of numerous presentations submitted.
Furthermore, during this conference the lecturer submitted to the government of the Republic of Uzbekistan twelve suggestions on Improving investment climate and Risk management system in Uzbekistan through the Director of “El Yurt Umidi” Foundation.
2020 Online training course of the Bangor University (UK) called “XSE-3000 Critical Reflective Practice”.
Successfully completed on credit path PART 1 and PART 2 of the online training course of the Bangor University called “XSE-3000 Critical Reflective Practice” via the Blackboard system of the Bangor University.
2015 e-Government Policy Management Course.
Participated with presentation and E-government status report on Uzbekistan in the 2015 e-Government Policy Management Course, which was held in Seoul, Korea. This course was attended by 17 participants (mainly E-government policy makers) from abroad and supported by numbers of Korean experts in the field of E-government. The invitational program was designed to promote international cooperation in the E-government arena to bridge the global digital divide and to build human capacities among the participating countries. Successfully completed the course and received certificate of completion from e-Government Global Academy (eGGA) of National Information Society Agency (NIA) of South Korea.
2014 Huawei Cloud Congress.
Participated with presentation in Huawei Cloud Congress 2014, which was hold in Shanghai, China. This international congress is conducted every year with the purpose of discussion of the major worldwide trends of the cloud computing technologies.
2009 Participated in the training course entitled “Requirements and internal audits on food safety on basis of ISO 22000:2005 (Food Safety Management System) and ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System) international standards.” of Foreign Enterprise “SGS Tashkent Ltd.” Successfully passed the written examination and obtained Certificate No: UZ/TAS-SSC/2009/FSMS/0448 from Foreign Enterprise “SGS Tashkent Ltd.”