F. A. Q. PCIE
1. When will the admission of documents for PCIE start? Starting date, duration?
Applicants are welcome to register for the course any time.
2. What is the tuition fee? Could it be paid by installment?
The tuition fee is 350 USD for the PCIE 1, PCIE 2 and PCIE 3 and 400 USD for levels 4 and 5.
The fees for the intensive courses are: 400 USD for the levels 1-3 and 450 USD for the levels 4 and 5 respectively.
Payment by installment is not available. In order to proceed to studies 100% prepayment must be made.
3. Are there any grants provided for PCIE students by MDIS Tashkent?
MDIS Tashkent does not provide grants for PCIE students.
4. Are there any discounts provided for PCIE students?
MDIS Tashkent doesn’t provide any discounts for PCIE students and their family members.
5. Is it possible to pay contract by transfer and will the fee change according to the way of payment?
It is possible to pay by transfer. The fee remains the same in spite of the way of payment.
6. How long is the period between the payment and actual start of classes?
According to the terms of contract, MDIS Tashkent has to start the course within 30 working days period after the 100% prepayment is made.
7. Are there any trial lessons?
Due to continuous maintenance of high academic standards and on-going internal control MDIS Tashkent carries responsibility for the quality of lessons provided at the Preparatory Courses and does not provide any trial lessons for PCIE participants.
8. Are there any individual tutorials available?
MDIS Tashkent PCIE programme provides tutorials in groups only. The maximum size of groups is 16 people.
9. What kind of exams should applicants for PCIE take?
Applicants should take PCIE Placement Test which is held every Thursday at 5:00 pm.
Test takes 1 hour, which consists of 2 parts: Writing and Speaking. It was designed specifically to determine the level of each applicant.
There are four parts in the test: Grammar& Vocabulary, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
The Placement Test is free of charge.
10. What if applicant fails PCIE Placement Test?
It is virtually impossible to fail PCIE Placement Test since it determines applicant's current level of English Language proficiency. Hence applicant will be allocated to the most appropriate level.
11. Can applicant be admitted directly into the PCIE level 4 and 5 if he /she has IELTS 5.0 or above without taking PCIE Placement Test?
Direct admission into PCIE program can only be possible for students applying for the level 1. Candidates possessing IELTS certificate or equivalent still will have to sit for the PCIE Placement Test.
12. In case of low results can applicant retake the placement test?
In case of low results applicant may retake the placement test.
13. When will the Placement Test results be revealed?
In one (1) working day after the exam is held.
14. What kinds of documents are required for PCIE admission?
Applicant shall provide two 3x4 coloured pictures and two passport/birth certificate copies.
Note: these documents are necessary for issuing the contract.
15. When certificates will be awarded to graduates?
Graduates will be awarded with PCIE Certificate only on successful completion of PCIE 5.
16. Are there any native speaking teachers or lecturers from Singapore?
The academic team at MDIS Tashkent Preparatory Courses is staffed by local faculty who are trained by MDIS’ experienced international faculty.
17. Will the students from regions be provided with hostel?
Since PCIE is a selective language course, MDIS Tashkent does not provide participants with accommodation.
18. In what language will the lessons be conducted?
All lessons at MDIS Tashkent PCIE are conducted only in English.
19. How long is the English Preparatory Courses Certificate valid for?
The English Preparatory Courses Certificate is valid for two (2) years.
20. Can MDIS Tashkent guarantee the Preparatory Courses' graduates direct enrollment to the Institute?
MDIS Tashkent does not guarantee the direct enrollment of Preparatory Courses graduates to the MDIS Tashkent unless they satisfy the entry requirements. Preparatory Courses Exit Test is equivalent to the Entrance Examination to MDIS Tashkent held in August.
21. Can MDIS Tashkent Preparatory Courses successful graduands apply for grant based studies at non degree and degree programmes?
If the applicant is the citizen of the Republic of Uzbekistan and achieves outstanding results then he/she can apply for grant. However, in order to obtain grant the applicant should successfully pass interview with grantor.
22. Can preparation course students attend Sport Center of MDIS Tashkent?
Open Air Sport Center facilities are available for attending from 13:00 to 15:00 on week days.
23. Can Preparatory Courses students benefit from the use of Learning Resource Centre of MDIS Tashkent?
Yes, they can benefit from the use of the Learning Resource Centre of MDIS Tashkent at the presence of their ID card.