Mr. Andrew Chew
Mr. Andrew Chew obtained his Masters Degree in Business Administration from the University of South Australia, Adelaide. Before coming into the education industry, Mr. Chew had worked in numerous industries, from logistics, telecommunications, media, international banking, in roles ranging from marketing, product development and global project management. His foray into the education industry started in 2007, where he was the Regional Manager for one of the oldest and most reputable private institution of higher learning in Singapore. In this role, he travelled to many Asian countries and helped grew the international student population by a double digit percentage in a few short years. He was later head hunted by another international private institution where he was Director of Marketing and Admissions, where he opened the market for Singapore, and created a high level of mindshare for this school. In 2011, he was offered the opportunity to work in Kabul, Afghanistan for the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF), a USAID funded university with a Liberal Arts curriculum, where he served in the role of Deputy to the Provost till 2016. During his tenure, he was instrumental in helping AUAF prepare for the National Accreditation process by the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE), where he authored the school's several Self Evaluation Reports; that enabled AUAF to successfully navigate the accreditation process from Phase 1 to Phase 2, and allowed it to achieve national accredited status later. Aside from this, he also worked on projects relating to international accreditation with North England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and American Association of Colleges and Schools Board (AACSB), in trying to attain international accreditation for AUAF and its programs. Mr. Chew also started the inaugural issue of the Faculty Buzz newsletter in AUAF, where faculty could showcase their research works and publications to the larger academic community. He also organized the first Bush Bazaar (named after American President - George Bush) to be held on the grounds of the AUAF campus.
Mr Shavkat Mamatov
Mr Shavkat Mamatov holds a Masters Degree in Finance from Tashkent State University of Economics, a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Suffolk University, USA. From 2000 to 2003 he worked as a Leading specialist in Economic Analysis Department, as a Head of the Micro-Loan Lending Unit under EBRD Credit line, Joint-Stock Commercial "Pakhta Bank" Samarkand Regional Branch. From 2003 to 2005 he worked as a Procurement expert in a "Bukhara and Samarkand Water Supply" Project Implementation Unit in Samarkand. Since 2007 he worked as a Research expert in Anti-Monopoly Policy Improvement Centre (APIC) at the State Committee on De-monopolization and Competition Development.
Nodira Rakhimkhodjaeva-Head of School of Banking and Finance
Nodira Rakhimkhodjaeva is a Senior lecturer. In April 2017 she was appointed as a Head of Banking and Finance school. Course Director UOW, UOB She works as a full time lecturer at MDIS Tashkent. Until recently, she was also a Course director of Bangor University programs run at MDIST. Mrs Rakhimkhodjaeva Nodira holds a Master of International Economic Relations degree from Tashkent State University of Economics, Uzbekistan. She is also alumni of the Junior Faculty Development Program (USA). She started her working career as a lecturer at the Joint Faculty of Business Management opened with the support of the Malaysian government at Tashkent State Technical University in 1999. During her years at the faculty she began as an assistant and held positions as the Head of Finance Department and the Dean of the Faculty of Business Management.
1. Full name: Sherzod Aktamov
2. Occupation: Lecturer, Docent, Head of Business and management school
3. School/Department: Business and management
4. Research group(s): N/A
7. E-mail: email@example.com
Obtained the bachelor’s degree from the Tashkent State University of Economics on Business specialty. Graduated and obtained the Master’s degree from Shanghai University on International economics and trade and the second Master’s degree from Tashkent State University of Economics on International business. Holder of PhD degree from Shanghai University on Management science and engineering. Have two years of experience on managing the higher education institution such as Banking and Finance Academy of the Republic of Uzbekistan on position of the Vice-rector on research and science. Have 4 years of teaching experience on Economics, Finance and Management sciences fields on various levels. Fluent speaker of Russian, Uzbek, English and Chinese. Have wide research and publication experience with 10 publications in international journals. Participated in two international (Bath University, Bath, United Kingdom; Policy Research Institute under the Ministry of Finance of Japan, Tokyo-Kyoto-Osaka, Japan) internship programs. Successfully accomplished the state research projects and currently a member of research projects financed by Ministry of Innovation Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Supervised the research projects in various levels of more than 80 students. Currently working on individual research projects in fields of HRM efficiency, Money optimization in the economy, Public services efficiency, and Network analyses implementations. Working on developing the textbook for local students on Research methodology, Management science and Econometric techniques tips.
9. Research group affiliations
1. Management Development Institute of Singapore in Tashkent 2. Banking and Finance Academy of the Republic of Uzbekistan 3. Tashkent State University of Economics
10. Publications and outputs
1. Sherzod Aktamov and Yan Zhao (2014) Impact of network centrality positions on innovation performance of the firms: evidence from China automobile industry, Business Management and Strategy, Vol. 5 (1)
2. Sherzod Aktamov (2014) Impact of technological diversity on innovation performance in Chinese automobile industry, European Journal of Business and Management, Vol.6 (8)
3. Sherzod Aktamov (2014) Factors influencing on regional innovation clusters in Uzbekistan, Research Journal of Economics and Business Studies, Vol. 3 (4)
4. Sherzod Aktamov (2014) Impact of innovation cluster effects on firm’s performance in Uzbekistan, Research Journal of Social Science and Management, Vol. 3 (10)
5. Sherzod Aktamov (2014) Review of social capital concepts and theories: finding benefits and costs, International Journal of Management, IT and Engineering, Vol. 4 (4)
6. Sherzod Aktamov, Aziz Muysinaliyev and Zaur Hasanov (2014) How strong clustering and centrality position in the alliance network impacts on innovation performance? Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol. 3, (2) Ver.III
7. Sherzod Aktamov and Aziz Muysinaliyev (2014) Supply chain management concepts: literature review, Journal of Business and Management, Vol. 15 (6)
8. Sherzod Aktamov, Zaur Hasanov, Aziz Muysinaliyev (2014) How is social capital associated with Innovation performance? Evidence from China Chemical Industry, International Journal of Social Science Research, Vol 2. (2)
9. Sherzod Aktamov, Zaur Hasanov, Othman Abada (2015) Impact of innovativeness of the country on export performance: evidence from Asian countries, IOSR Journal of Business and Management, Vol. 17 (1) Ver III.
10. Sherzod Aktamov and Khavokhon Rakhimova (2016) Analyzes of e-commerce development in Uzbekistan: current trends, problems and perspectives, Asian Journal of Management sciences and education, Vol. 5 (4).
11. Areas of teaching
conomics, Macroeconomics, Project management, Business research methods, Operational research, Supply chain management, Managing and leading people, HRM
1. Two years of experience on managing the higher education institution (Banking and Finance Academy of the Republic of Uzbekistan) on research and science
2. Holder of two Master's degrees: from Shanghai University, Shanghai (China) on International economics and trade and from Tashkent State University of Economics on International business
3. Holder of PhD degree from Shanghai University, Shanghai (China) on Management science and engineering
4. Fluent speaker of Russian, Uzbek, English and Chinese.
5. Have wide research and publication experience with 10 publications in international journals
13. Courses taught
Essentials of Economics, Project management, Business research methods, Operational research, Supply chain management and logistics, Introduction to Managing and leading people, Dissertation
14. Honours and awards
2005 Winner of LG Grant distinguished students award
2006 Winner of State Scholarship for distinguished students after Alisher Navoi
2007 Winner of China Government Scholarship
2008 Winner of Shanghai Government Scholarship
2009 Winner of Distinguished international students' government scholarship of People's Republic of China
15. Membership of external committees
1. Chairman of examination board on English Proficiency Tests for PhD candidates of economics sciences under the Supreme Attestation Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan
2. Member of Seminar-board for awarding the PhD degree of the Banking and Finance Academy of the Republic of Uzbekistan and Tashkent State University of Economics
16. Membership of professional associations and societies
17. Conference attendance
2016 Internship in frames of the project of British Council "Research is Great" at Bath University, Bath, United Kingdom
2016 Internship in frames of the project of Ministry of Finance of Japan "Summer seminar in Policy Research Institute", Tokyo-Kyoto-Osaka, Japan
18. Current research students
1. Supervisor of 5 Master students of Banking and Finance Academy of the Republic of Uzbekistan
2. Supervisor of 3 Bachelor's degree students of Tashkent State University of Economics
3. Supervisor of 20 Bachelor's degree students in MDIST
19. Externally funded research grants information
1. Successfully accomplished the research project №A-2-126 "Development of a methodology for quantitative and qualitative assessment of the effectiveness of financing the innovations” finance by the Agency of science and technology of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
2. Member of scientific-methodological research project №PZ-20170929152 on topic “Expansion of participation in global economic and innovation development indices for further improvement of investment climate and expansion of foreign investment attraction in Uzbekistan” financed by Ministry of Innovation Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
20. Professional esteem indicators
1. Expert of Supreme Attestation Committee under the Cabinet of Ministries of the Republic of Uzbekistan for post-defense blind-reviews.
2. Official reviewer of PhD dissertations on Economics, Finance and Management sciences.
3. Editor and reviewer of the "Finance and Banking Journal" of the Banking and Finance Academy of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
21. Why do you like working at MDIST?
1. Top international university 2. High academic standards and reputation 3. Efficient and democratic management 4. International environment
Thank you for your time!
1. Full name *Suna Park
2. Occupation: Head of School (at the moment) and Lecturer in Entrepreneurship, Strategic Management.
3. School/Department: Business and Management
4. Research group(s):
8. Personal profile: (see the sample below)
Miss Suna Park obtained her BA degree in International Relations (cum laude) from Richmond the American International University in London and an MSc degree in Global Politics from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). After completing her university studies, Miss Park has established and successfully ran a full service company in London - The K’orôbe Packaging Atelier. Simultaneously, she provided independent consultancy services to a range of multinational corporations, NGO’s and international governments in the areas of political risk, business expansion and foreign investment opportunities. Miss Park closely worked with EBRD and the Islamic Development Bank in negotiating financing of strategic projects in Central Asia and the Middle East. She participated in numerous international conferences and high profile events, among them - an international conference on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict held at Said Business School, Oxford University and “Opportunities in Iran after the nuclear deal” held at the House of Commons, British Parliament. Most recently, Miss Park authored a project on sustainable waste management in Kazakhstan that became a global finalist as part of the Technovation Challenge (Silicon Valley). While she passed the management of her company to join MDIS Tashkent, she remains a sole shareholder of The K’orôbe. An avid academic and entrepreneur Miss Park joined MDIS Tashkent with a passion to share her knowledge and experience with its’ students and see them succeed in their academic and professional careers.
9. Research group affiliations: —
10. Publications and outputs:
- “Uzbekistan and Central Asian Leadership”, Citizen, 2018
- “Business Risk Strategies” - Contributing Intelligence author, The Times, 2017
- “Business opportunities in Iran for UK enterprises” - a report written for the UK All-Parliamentary media outlet, South Asia Middle Eastern Forum, 2015
- “The Impact of droughts on Food Security in Kazakhstan” - situation report, GDA, 2012
- Comparative analysis of the Arab Spring and Central Asia through the prism of the Hegelian dialectic of “Masters and Slaves”, LSE, 2011
11. Areas of teaching: Entrepreneurship, Strategic Management, International Relations
12. Qualifications: BA, MSc
13. Courses taught: Entrepreneurship, Strategic Management, Business Management
14. Honours and awards: —
15. Membership of external committees: —
16. Membership of professional associations and societies: —
17. Conference attendance:
- “The Arab Spring and its Discontents” - paper presentation at the International Conference - Israeli- Palestinian Conflict: peace through business, Said Business School, University of Oxford
- “Developing sustainable growth: environmental management”, London School of Economics and Political Science
- "The Future of Iran post nuclear deal”, House of Commons
- “Innovative thinking as a determinant of economic development” , Conference-seminar on the Development of Innovative Entrepreneurship among Youth, Urgench
18. Current research students: —
19. Externally funded research grants information
20. Professional esteem indicators:
21. Why do you like working at MDIST?: Because of the wonderful students in this institution.